Sunday, February 17, 2008

history for a Sunday night

Anyone who knows me is aware of my love of Wikipedia. While surfing Papel history ,I came across without doubt the coolest thing to ever come out of the Papacy. The so-called "Cadaver Synod" when Pope Stephen the IV in 896 dug up the" The body of Formosus according to some sources, seated on a throne while his successor, Pope Stephen VI, read the charges against him (to which Formosus was found guilty) and conducted the trial". I personally find this story BATSHIT insane. The charges against Pope Formosus were pretty bland something with interpreting scriptures. Me thinks Pope Stephen the VI was a douche. Sorry I just had to share this ridiculous story.BTW "Cadaver Synod" would make a kickass Myspace name , someone alert Gym Class Heroes!

pictured-Pope Stephen accusing the corpse of Pope Formosus.

No comments: